Ford Recognizes Allied Recreation Group as Qualified Vehicle Modifier
November 21, 2013Facebook LinkedIn Google+ Twitter Share More...
Decatur, Ind. – (November 21, 2013) – The Decatur, Indiana manufacturing facility for Allied Recreation Group (ARG), a collection of leading RV companies, including the brands of Fleetwood, American Coach, Monaco and Holiday Rambler, was recently awarded quality recognition from Ford Motor Company’s Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM) Program.
QVM is Ford Motor Company’s quality recognition awarded to manufacturer’s that meet “best practices” guidelines. The guidelines are based on an assessment of a modifier’s engineering capability, design and build process controls, management commitment and quality control procedures. Ford Motor Company developed the QVM Program to assist manufacturers in achieving greater levels of customer satisfaction and product acceptance through the manufacturing of high-quality conversion vehicles. Specifically, the QVM Program requires the following from converters:
Compliance with all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)
Conformance with all Ford industry guidelines for vehicle conversions
Annual facility inspection and review of converter's processes
- A commitment to continuous improvement
According to Ford, the purpose of this program is to assure vehicle modifiers have the capability and processes in place to complete the vehicle in a repeatable manner – maintaining the integrity of the Ford chassis system while meeting federal and other compliance standards in place at the time of the build, and providing end-users with a quality-built vehicle that meets their expectations.
“Our continued commitment to the quality and safety of our products is a driving force behind the products we deliver to our customers,” stated John Lowry, Chief Operating Officer, ARG. “Investments in engineering technology and lean manufacturing have helped us achieve excellence in Ford’s Motor Home Quality Vehicle Modifier Program.”
For more information on all Fleetwood RV products, call 1-800-322-8216 or visit www.fleetwoodrv.com.
Allied Recreation Group (ARG)
ARG is a division of Allied Specialty Vehicles (ASV), a +$1.5 billion manufacturer comprised of industry-leading brands serving Commercial, Fire & Emergency and Recreational vehicle markets. ARG includes the iconic brands of Fleetwood, American Coach, Monaco and Holiday Rambler who manufacture high-quality motorized recreational vehicles. ARG is headquartered in Decatur, Indiana.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Annual Fleetwood Rally to Showcase 2017 Product
- REV Puts Finishing Touches On Southern Regional Center While Securing Fourth Location In Mesquite, NEV.
- REV Recreation Group Expands Manufacturing Facilities, Adds Designated Class C Plant
- REV Recreation Group Signs First Platinum Dealer Partner
- Fleetwood RV Highlights 2015 Louisville Display
- Allied Specialty Vehicles Selects ʺREVʺ as New Company Name
- Allied Specialty Vehicles Promotes Joyce Arnold to Corporate Aftermarket Key Account Manager
- Allied Recreation Group Announces Groundbreaking Renovation to State-of-the-Art Factory Service Center
- Excitement Surrounds Iconic Fleetwood Pace Arrow, Elkhart Open House Debut
- Fleetwood RV to Unveil New Product at Elkhart Open House